x

Want Free Access to Dead Like Me Pics & Clips?

Dead Like Me

Dead Like Me

No Nudity

Review

Drop dead sexy eighteen-year-old Ellen Muth gets conked on the head by a crapper from space, ends up croaking, then becoming a grim reaper in Showtime's Dead Like Me. Lasting two seasons in 2003 and 2004, this one was plagued with creative differences and people leaving the show, which was a shame because it was a very clever idea. In this world, reapers don't do the whole black robe and scythe thing: they are normal looking people who freely move around the living world, and only end up with the gig when they're the last soul a grim reaper needs to hit their soul taking quota. George Lass (Ellen Muth) gets hit by the space station toilet and lands the reaper job, while also doing a day job under a fake name at a temp agency back in the human world. George specializes in people who die from accidents, which in this show are all set up by little gremlins called gravelings. But life as someone ferrying the dead is kind of rough. Reapers often squat in dead people's apartments, take cash out of their cadaver's pockets, and are never given good jobs. Dealing with the dead is super depressing, especially when you have to watch the people you love grieve your own death. It's a tough post-death life for a young girl to get used to. We were grieving all the opportunities to show skin this Showtime dramedy opted not to take advantage of. Ellen's posthumous position requires her to collect the souls of people about to expire, and in doing so she meets other reapers-for-hire like Mandy Patinkin and Callum Blue. But it's the hot soul harvesters Jasmine Guy, Laura Harris, and Rebecca Gayheart who stop our hearts. Unfortunately, all we ever get from them, as well as from Sonya Salomaa and Kathryn Zenna, is bikini and bra stuff. We like it, but wish there was more! A premium cable show that didn't give us a single bit of tit? Dead Like Me is dead to us!